xf86XVClipVideoHelper, XVideo, dual-head, and the intel driver

JM Ibanez jm at orangeandbronze.com
Sun Apr 15 09:17:42 PDT 2007

Hi!

I've been trying to fix bug #10645, and I'm in need of some help.

I've gotten as far as selecting the right pipe to use for XV output;
however, for one reason or another, the output is clipped (and I get a
blue screen instead). Either that, or the output is going to the wrong
place.

On this setup (randr 1.2):

 +------------++----------------------+
 |     LCD    ||         VGA          |
 |            ||                      |
 +------------+|                      |
               |                      |
               +----------------------+

(configured via 'xrandr --auto --output VGA --right-of LVDS')

  * With the patch I've created, I can play movies on the LCD panel if
    and only if it's on the left; I can play movies on the external VGA
    if and only if it's also on the left.

  * If I play a movie on the output on the right, I get clipping -- the
    window is blue (the overlay color) but there's a strip of output
    (i.e. the movie plays there). To illustrate:

                blue here      movie plays somewhat here
                   |            |
           |<--------------->|<-->|
                             :
           +-----------------:----+