Sticky keys shouldn't be deactivated by pressing keys in parallel

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at sun.com
Thu Apr 12 10:26:19 PDT 2007

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at sun.com> writes:
>
> Hi Alan,
>
>>> But in the meantime I found the accessx [1] utility which can do
>>> this.
>> accessx was also included in X11R6.6 from the old X.Org, but we lost
>> it when moving to the XFree86 code base for X11R6.7 somehow.  I guess
>> if this site is maintaining it now, we don't need to worry about it.
>
> But it seems to be quite dead. The last release is about 4 and a half
> years old, and the applications (`ax' and its tk interface `accessx')
> have some inconveniences that need to be fixed [1].
>
> I wrote an email to the address listed on that page [2]. If somebody
> included back into Xorg and maintained there. At least there has to be
> one (command line) tool to manipulate Xorg's accessibility features.

We could easily add a app/accessx git module to host it, but I think
we'd want to leave it as a contrib module instead of part of the X.Org
katamari's due to the Motif dependency (which would cause having to
build Motif partway through the X.Org module builds, since Motif depends
on our libX11 & libXt).

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com