Modular build fails for drivers - ./configure syntax error

david rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:47:18 PDT 2007

I am having a bad day.... I am trying to compile the modular build with the
build.sh script and I am recieving the following errors:

First, I have having problems with LIBDRM and get the following errors:

checking for LIBDRM... configure: error: Package requirements (libdrm >=
2.3.0) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the LIBDRM_CFLAGS and LIBDRM_LIBS environment
variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.
***** autogen failed on xserver/
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
***** make failed on xserver/
make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.
***** dist failed on xserver/
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
***** install failed on xserver/

Second, none of the drivers compile and I receive the following error:

./configure: line 20463: syntax error near unexpected token `RANDR,'
./configure: line 20463: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(RANDR, randrproto)'
***** autogen failed on driver/xf86-video-i740
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
***** make failed on driver/xf86-video-i740
make: *** No rule to make target `dist'.  Stop.
***** dist failed on driver/xf86-video-i740
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
--
./configure: line 20589: syntax error near unexpected token `XINERAMA,'
./configure: line 20589: `XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(XINERAMA, xineramaproto)'
make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
--

I suspect the two are related. I will try compiling drm by hand before
running build.sh. What should my PKG_CONFIG_PATH be if I have the drm source

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
510 Ochiltree Street