Compiz on PowerBook G4 (was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] A Build System For X.Org Modular)

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 07:53:18 PDT 2007

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-04-08 at 11:54 -0400, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
>> Compiz doesn't work right now[0], but I'm sure I'll figure that out soon
>> enough.
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> [0] http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?t=799
>
> Sounds like you need Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps".

I thought so, but I already had that in xorg.conf (it's recommended for
ATI cards on the Compiz wiki). I don't see any mention of it in
Xorg.0.log (the Intel driver prints it I think), but to my great
surprise I tried Compiz just now and it seems to be working fine--I can
see window updates. Great that it works, just the problem is I don't
know what I did to make it work, which is bad if it happens to break
again...

Now it's time to see if I can improve the performance of the bcm43xx
driver when I'm not at home...

Thanks,
Andrew