WG: [ANNOUNCE] A Build System For X.Org Modular

billyx at gmx.at billyx at gmx.at
Sun Apr 8 11:10:28 PDT 2007

> We try and
> help as much as possible and I feel we do a pretty good job.

Of course. Answering questions like what does "Not using
default mode "1280x1024" (vrefresh out of range)" or "height
too large for virtual size" mean is to difficult.

> Unfortunately, not all of us have every piece of hardware ever made

Have had a look at my last mail (MacMini)? All bugs that
prevent me from get it running are in xserver/hw/xfree86/mode
or xserver/hw/xfree86/common

> or feel like spelling out the process xyz for the tenth time because
> some user doesn't want to exert any effort to try and figure it out
> himself.

I spent much time but if logging/documentation is so useless
you can spend hundreds of hours.

> I'm sorry you have to log
> into edit the wiki or post the ML, but even with that in place we
> still get spam.

I was not talking about wiki (where login is imho unnecessary
but acceptable). I was talking about the documentation of xorg.conf.

> MOST projects have something
> similar.

I think Xorg is not some project of 1000. Most graphical ui
at linux depend on Xorg/XFree86.

> Finally, if you do solve a tough
> problem, add it to the wiki, or submit a patch, or at the  very least
> send a email to the list saying "hey, I had this problem and this is
> how I solved it."

Of course I sent it to the mailing list, even without your
suggestion would have done this. But I think this mail is
also ignored like the others before.

Bernhard Mähr