[ANNOUNCE] A Build System For X.Org Modular

Andrew J. Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 08:54:20 PDT 2007

Marek Wawrzyczny wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Perhaps you could take some comfort that for all the negative comments (and
> there were only a few), there's a much larger group of people happy and
> appreciative of all the work done by the X.Org developers and administrators.
>
> Count me in as one :)

Me too. I was already very impressed and happy with all the work done on
the Intel driver and the RandR 1.2 stuff, and now I am much more so when
I installed Debian on my new PowerBook G4 and had hardware-accelerated
3D and native 1440x900 display support without ever touching a config
file, downloading a proprietary driver, or compiling a line of code.
Compiz doesn't work right now[0], but I'm sure I'll figure that out soon
enough.

Andrew

[0] http://forum.go-compiz.org/viewtopic.php?t=799