X11 & Spaceball

Achim Flammenkamp achim at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Apr 5 11:36:23 PDT 2007

Hi

Meanwhile I have solved my problem myself.
Except dozends of non-related emails from this mailing-list, I got
no responce after being forced to subscribe to be able to post to it.
To be frank, you should document this nasty condition on
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/xorg   inplace of
Ok, now from the annoying introduction to the technical solution:

1) spaceorb input modul on x86-64 architecture is broken in X11-7.1.1.

2) Realizing
       Option     "Name" "OEM Spaceball 3003"     in my XConfig-InputSection
and
       N: Name="OEM SpaceBall 3003"
opened my eyes for this typo-error in the "Name" Option.
And after correcting this, the X11-evdev-modul recognized my spaceball.

Furthermore applying Roland Arsenaultss evdev-spaceball-patch for SpaceTraveler
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/attachments/20070205/85093879/xf86-input-evdev-spaceball.bin
to my evdev-version 1.1.2 sensefully, let me finally get a working
x11-driver for my Spaceball 3003 FLX when using glut.

Thanks again to Roland for this usable patch! I emailed Roland and the
maintainer of evdev yesterday personally and I will soon desubcribed from this
list, expecting no more comments (or even help).

Regards
achim
--
Achim Flammenkamp          FSP Mathematisierung            Universität Bielefeld
UniversitätsstraBe 25        33501 Bielefeld         Federal Republic of Germany