Xgl + Compiz + ATI Radeon 7500 = system freeze

Marek Wawrzyczny marekw1977 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 2 19:05:13 PDT 2007

HI,

I have also experienced something similar when running Xorg server 7.2 + Beryl
+ XGL + Ati fglrx drivers OR Xorg server 7.2 + Beryl + AIGLX + Ati open
source drivers.
This is with the Ati Mobility X600 card (Asus W3030V laptop).
There was nothing in dmesg or Xorg logs to indicate the reason for the freeze.
I simply reverted back to Xorg 7.1.
I didn't report anything as I can't figure out who is responsible for the
freeze (Xorg, kernel, Beryl or the drivers).

Marek Wawrzyczny