MGA EXA: problems when writing to A8 textures/pictures

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at code-monkey.de
Sat Sep 30 03:14:53 PDT 2006

Tilman Sauerbeck [2006-09-14 23:11]:
> Ville Syrjälä [2006-09-14 21:11]:
> > On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 07:35:55PM +0200, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> > > Ville Syrjälä [2006-09-14 20:06]:

> > > I think I didn't try the combination of these two flags recently.
> > > Using both for A8->A8 writes fixes these rendering issues :)
> > >
> > > It also adds more artefacts to A8 Add blends though, but these can
> > > probably be fixed by adjusting DUALSTAGE0...
>
> Okay, here's on the "a8 Add a8" blends (ie, sblendf is SRC_ONE, dblendf
> is DST_ONE):

For these blends, currently every fourth pixel gets set to 0xff, no
matter what the source or destination texture is set to.
The other pixels get the expected alpha value.
It kinda looks like destination texture isn't a8, but rgba or something.

So the a8 destination _reads_ seems to be the problem, since Src
operations on a8 destinations work correctly.

Could it be that I _have_ to disable bypass332 (or nodither?) for
operations where a8 destination reads are involved? I hope not, since
the loss of quality is very noticable :(

Any idea on this?

Regards,
Tilman