Intel Quick Start Kits

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 10:13:57 PDT 2006

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was anything special about the graphics
drivers distributed with those Intel Quick Start kits that are linked to
off of the intellinuxgraphics.org site (the CPSG drivers). That is,
beyond testing/quality control/etc. I had a look at the ISO for Debian
3.1 and the only thing that looked "special" to me, beyond the
installer, documentation, and so forth were a few .so files that looked
like server extensions: intel_acpi.so and intel_randr.so.

Are these just validated snapshots like the Linux downloads that have
been available at intel.com for some time, just packaged for system
builders or similarly interested parties?

Regards,
Andrew Barr