Non-DDC monitor paramters for RandR

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Sep 25 02:58:15 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 09:03 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> I don't think that'll suffice for digitally connected panels though.

Oh, that's a good point -- we could just stuff EDID data into the
appropriate output property and have that trigger a regeneration of the
mode information. That, in some sense, seems far more general than
anything else proposed here. Should we provide a structured way to view
the EDID data and make it more explictly a part of the protocol?

keith.packard at intel.com