how to configure a radeon firegl 3400

Garrett Mitchener garrett.mitchener at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:07:53 PDT 2006

Update on my firegl v3400:

I found a later driver on the ATI web site but it was posted on the
support page for a different graphics card.  Here's the link I used to
find it:

https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

If you download and install this version 8.28.8 package, the Xorg
driver works, and this is with the Xorg 7.1 as shipped with Fedora FC6
test 3.  But, the kernel module won't compile.  It complains about the
version numbers on kernel headers.

-wgm