cannot find pci device

cckuo chechun_kuo at sis.com
Tue Sep 19 07:18:38 PDT 2006

Dear X Friends:
Xorg cannot load my driver due to not being able to find my graphic pciids,
0x63301039
I cannot see my pciids in /proc/bus/pci/devices either, but what make me
curious is by using scanpci or pcitweak, my pciids shows up.

My question are:
1. Are the contents about Pciids in Xorg copied from /proc/bus/pci/devices,
or does it use some other methods?
2. If it is only Xserver's problem, why even the device information in proc
is different than the result of scanpci or pcitweak? Is kernel's problem?

Ps: attach the log file and the result from scanpci.
my kernel version is Linux 2.6.15-23-686, Xorg is 7.0.0.

Appreciate your help,
cckuo