(no subject)

kr992 kr992 at interia.pl
Tue Sep 19 06:25:55 PDT 2006

(sorry for my bad english and that I'm newbie and lame)
I have found solutions for problem what i have with debian and wine

people who can easly configure linux DO NOT read this ;-) this is only for lame users like me who have debian and 915gm graphic card

my solution to work wine with mesa :

0) You have to have debian unstable with all dist-upgrades ;-) KDE , xserver-
xorg , gcc 4.1.2, automake, kernel 2.6.17 compiled and drm and i915 drivers in module and others things nessesery like all devel packages to
compile and you have to have root password ;-) (i do not remember what i have)

you have to have in xorg.conf load all modules (like dri and others)
and in section Device
   VideoRam 65535
and at end of xorg.conf
Section "DRI"
 Mode 0666
EndSection

all steps I was do from root account

1) first download all agpgart , drm , mesa , and xf86-video-intel
   from http://intellinuxgraphics.org/download.html:
 so in /usr/src folder

  wget http://intellinuxgraphics.org/agpgart-2.0-git-master-08092006.tgz
  git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/mesa checkout Mesa
  git-clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel

2) export CFLAGS="-O2 -m32 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -mmmx -msse -msse2 (i know that this it not nessesery but ive put for sure) -mfpmath=387,sse -fomit-frame-pointer (to make troubles read logs by developers ;-) ) -funroll-loops -pipe"
   export CXXFLAGS=$CFLAGS

3) tar -xvf agpgart-2.0-git-master-08092006.tgz
   go in agpgart-2.0
   make
   make install
   (should install agpgart.ko and intel-agp to /lib/modules/2.6.17/kernel/drivers/char/agp)

4) go to drm folder
   ./autogen.sh
   make
   make install

5) copy with mc all what is in /usr/local to /usr
    and from /usr/local/include/drm to /usr/include/xorg

6) This is nessesery cause with drivers from intel website mesa wont work !!!!!
   cd linux-core (linux-core is in drm folder)
   make
   copy with mc (i like this commander) drm.ko and i915.ko to /lib/modules/2.6.17/kernel/drivers/char/drm

7)  go to Mesa folder
    and copy with mc from /lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/include all to include in Mesa
    i do not remeber what i do in Mesa/src/mesa/x86 (make or run ./gen_matypes) but after all copy all to include in Mesa :D

8) modyfy in Mesa/configs linux-dri file OPT_FLAGS=-O3 -march ..... and all what we have in CFLAGS at beggin

9) go to Mesa root and do make linux-dri-x86
   and after this do make install

10) copy all from /usr/local to /usr and from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri all to
/usr/lib/dri and i915_dri.so to /usr/lib/xorg/modules/dri

11) go to xf86-video-intel folder
    ./autogen.sh
    make
    make install
    exit all X's go to console only without any X and copy from /usr/local to /usr all

12) reboot computer

13) if you will have lucky Kde will start and glxinfo will show you that you
have direct rendering (if you not have lucky you will have to reinstall all linux ;-) )

14) download wine 0.9.21 and 2 patch's from bug 6223 , ./compile --prefix=... --enable-opengl ,
 apply patch to right files and make depend && make , and you have wine with hardware acceleration

 that way i can run 3dmark2001 , in winecfg better is vertex shader set to
hardware (emulate is faster but do not render dragon or some characters in
3dmark2001) , do not run advanced pixel shader test cause it will crash , but
all without this is running and maybe nature test are broken and performance is
1/5 performance in windows ....

Mike
(do not laugh from me because im lame :P )