MGA EXA: problems when writing to A8 textures/pictures

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at code-monkey.de
Thu Sep 14 09:31:00 PDT 2006

Hi,
I'm almost finished with the EXA implementation in the MGA driver, but
I've got one major problem left.

Rendering to A8 textures is broken in weird ways. It's easily
reproducable with rendercheck doing Src blends (you'll need to get
rendercheck from git to see the errors though).

When doing the blends, the alpha value of the destination pixel will be
off slightly (the difference is often around 12%). The only good thing
about this is that it's absolutely reproducable and not occuring
randomly ;)

So, can someone please help with figuring out what's going on here? I'm
out of ideas, I believe I've tried all the sane combinations for setting
up the rendering engine, and a few silly ones...
I had a look at Mesa's MGA DRI driver, but that didn't help much either.

Pointers/hints/any help greatly appreciated.
The code sits in the 'exa' branch of the driver.

Thanks,
Tilman