server-1.2-branch accidentally merged with master

Ray Lehtiniemi rayl at mail.com
Tue Oct 10 13:35:27 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 14:03, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> I tried all that, and it seems to have worked in my copy, but won't
> let me push to the master on fd.o - do I need someone with fd.o
> admin privs to do this there?

yes, that would probably be the best solution.

> error: remote 'refs/heads/server-1.2-branch' is not a strict subset of
> local ref 'refs/heads/server-1.2-branch'. maybe you are not up-to-date and
> need to pull first?

this is the "can't fast-forward" warning message i mentioned. (though i badly
mis-remembered the exact wording...)

once the master repo has rewound the branch, then everyone who has already
pulled the bad branch can add the '+' to their .git/remotes/origin file and
re-pull.