extended screen real estate under xorg (xinerama?)

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Wed Nov 29 22:38:31 PST 2006

Running FC5 with Xorg on an Acer laptop and was wondering if there is a way to make the screen real estate seem larger (basically be
able to have a virtual screen that is much larger than my physical screen, effectively making my 14" screen display as a 30"
display)?  I've read some about Xinerama but that seems to be for using multiple screens, not making my tiny screen "virtually"
huge.  The Video card is an ATI X1300 Mobility and I'm running ATI's Linux driver.

Thanks for any and all information.

Kevin