Intel Graphics on x86_64: Video modes (Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop)

Joshua J. Berry des at condordes.net
Fri Nov 17 00:12:42 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 22:49, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 22:19 -0800, Joshua J. Berry wrote:
> > I also tried with a recent git clone of the modesetting-keithp branch,
> > but that just gave me a blank screen and a partially-unresponsive
> > keyboard (X did not recognize Ctrl+Alt+Bksp, but I could Alt+SysRq to
> > semi-cleanly reboot).
>
> Yeah, that branch is moving fast and some days it doesn't work at all.

It is?  The last commit I see on FdO's gitweb is 10 days ago.  Perhaps I'm
not looking in the right place?  I was looking at the modesetting-keithp
branch.

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel.git;a=shortlog;h=modesetting-keithp

I see two other branches that look relevant, the most recent of which
is 'modesetting'.  I'll give that one a try instead.

> If it's any consolation, it's working fairly well this evening, at least
> when built against the RandR-enabled X server found on the
> randr-1.2-for-server-1.2 branch of the X server repository.
>
> When it does work, it should 'just work' on your display.

Cool.  Thanks for the pointer.  I'll give it a try against Xorg 1.1.1 first
(since I'd rather not replace more software than I need to).  If it doesn't
work, would you be interested in bug reports?  And if so, what information
(aside from the usual X log, description, etc.) would you like me to
include?

-- Josh

--
Joshua J. Berry

"I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere."
    -- /usr/games/fortune