Intel Graphics on x86_64: Video modes (Dell Inspiron E1405 laptop)

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Nov 16 22:49:31 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 22:19 -0800, Joshua J. Berry wrote:

> I also tried with a recent git clone of the modesetting-keithp branch, but
> that just gave me a blank screen and a partially-unresponsive keyboard (X
> did not recognize Ctrl+Alt+Bksp, but I could Alt+SysRq to semi-cleanly
> reboot).

Yeah, that branch is moving fast and some days it doesn't work at all.

If it's any consolation, it's working fairly well this evening, at least
when built against the RandR-enabled X server found on the
randr-1.2-for-server-1.2 branch of the X server repository.

When it does work, it should 'just work' on your display.

keith.packard at intel.com