Xorg 7.2 RC2

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Mon Nov 13 19:52:10 PST 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 06:51:56PM -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Now available:
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/development/X11R7.2-RC2/
>
> Now with functional everything directory, that really does include everything!
> Man that's painful.  I think I have the algorithm for release inheritance
> worked out now though.

Thanks! Great work! Looks really good!

Just a list of packages which have already been released before with a
higher release number. Maybe you comment on, why these are not part of
RC2?

glproto-1.4.7.tar.bz2 (1.4.8)
libXau-1.0.1.tar.bz2 (1.0.2)
libXdmcp-1.0.1.tar.bz2 (1.0.2)
libXvMC-1.0.2.tar.bz2 (1.0.3)
xdm-1.0.4.tar.bz2 (1.1.0)
xf86-input-evdev-1.1.2.tar.bz2 (1.1.3)
xf86-input-penmount-1.1.0.tar.bz2 (1.2.0)
xf86-video-i810-1.6.5.tar.bz2 (1.7.2)
xprop-1.0.1.tar.bz2 (1.0.2)
xproto-7.0.5.tar.bz2 (7.0.9)

Most interesting for me: xdm, xf86-video-i810.

> I've seen distressingly few reports against 7.2.  It looks good to me, but I
> have notoriously poor judgement, so I would appreciate other people with poor
> judgement chiming in and saying it works for them as well.

Currently it gets some beta testing in openSUSE 10.2. :-)

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.)   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0            Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479          D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de            Germany