i965 textured video crash

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 10 04:34:15 PST 2006

On 11/7/06, Luca Dionisi <luca.dionisi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > When using 3d effects xvideo is slow, but all the rest
> > is very fast, definitely usable.
>
> No, I was wrong. It is not slow. It uses hw accel. for sure
> since my cpu is idle.
> But it does artifacts when I move window. And when I rotate
> the cube it remains where it is. The video window has no 3d
> effects, I mean it is a normal rectangular area, no perspective,
> ... well I hope I was clear. :)
> As an example I attach a picture... will the mailing list
> allow this?
>
> --Luca

Just another question.

I noticed a thing that I would say is strange.
When I play a movie without Xv from any supporting movie player
(e.g. a gstreamer aware app with x11 no Xv, or mplayer -vo x11)
the video window does well all 3d effects (rotates with cube, woobles, ...)
and the playback is good and the cpu is idle.
If I use vesa driver, instead, the playback is bad and the cpu gets loaded.
So I think it is accelerated.
Is that right?

--Luca