i965 textured video crash

Andrew Barr andrew.james.barr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 09:21:49 PST 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 12:07, Luca Dionisi wrote:
> On 10/16/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have been tracking Mesa CVS for my Intel GMA X3000 board, and I have
> > not experienced any troubles playing video (e.g. with textured video)
> > until I upgraded my 2D driver to xf86-video-intel 1.7.2. Now, whenever I
> > try to play a video, the X server consistently is sent into an endless
> > crash-restart loop and I must reset the computer. At least one other
> > person I know of is also experiencing the same issue. Are there any known
> > issues that could be causing this?
>
> Hi, I'm having the same problem.
> But I had no previous tests. The 1.7.2 is the first driver I ever tried
> with my new GMA X3000 board.
> Has that issue been solved for you Andrew?

Yes, a patch was checked into git that fixed the issue. Use the git HEAD
version of the driver to fix it.

> Also, as a side note, how can I see if I'm using textured video or whatever
> else when I try to watch at a video?

If Xv is working (output of 'xvinfo' should say something other than "no
adaptors") and you don't see the blue chromakey when you move the video
window around or use compositing effects, then you are using textured video.

I'm not even sure that the traditional 2D hardware scaling is supported with
this hardware.

The Xv adaptor is called "Intel(R) Textured Video" or something similar.

> TIA
> --Luca

Andrew Barr

Now playing: