i965 textured video crash

Luca Dionisi luca.dionisi at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 09:07:45 PST 2006

On 10/16/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been tracking Mesa CVS for my Intel GMA X3000 board, and I have not
> experienced any troubles playing video (e.g. with textured video) until I
> upgraded my 2D driver to xf86-video-intel 1.7.2. Now, whenever I try to play
> a video, the X server consistently is sent into an endless crash-restart loop
> and I must reset the computer. At least one other person I know of is also
> experiencing the same issue. Are there any known issues that could be causing
> this?

Hi, I'm having the same problem.
But I had no previous tests. The 1.7.2 is the first driver I ever tried with
my new GMA X3000 board.
Has that issue been solved for you Andrew?

Also, as a side note, how can I see if I'm using textured video or whatever
else when I try to watch at a video?

TIA
--Luca