Xorg 7.0.0 RENDER flag and other compilation issues

Display Guy displayguy2 at yahoo.com
Tue May 30 16:35:49 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have few issues compiling Xorg 7.0.0 drivers.

#1)
I am compiling the Xorg 7.0.0 drivers and got the following compilation errors:

#struct _Pixmap# has no member named #devPrivates#
#struct _Pixmap# has no member named #devPrivates#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenAlphaTextureFormats#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenAlphaTextureFlags#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenAlphaTextureFlags#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenAlphaTextureFlags#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #SetupForCPUToScreenAlphaTexture#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #SubsequentCPUToScreenAlphaTexture#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenTextureFormats#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenTextureFlags#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #CPUToScreenTextureFlags#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #SetupForCPUToScreenTexture#
#struct _XAAInfoRec# has no member named #SubsequentCPUToScreenTexture#

The problem is RENDER flag isn't enabled in the Makefile which is disabling the above members in XAAInfoRec structure. BTW, RENDER is already enabled in configure.ac as below:

XORG_DRIVER_CHECK_EXT(RENDER, renderproto)

Isn't this should properly create -DRENDER some where in generated Makefile?
To avoid this problem I manually edited generated Makefile to add -DRENDER.

#2) After compiling and prefix install the driver into /root/modular/ directory. I ran /root/modular/bin/startx. But this is complaining that driver is not available after searching in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers. Any idea why it is searching in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers instead of /root/modular/lib/xorg/modules/drivers directory. Btw, the script /root/modular/bin/startx which has all references to /root/modular directory.

#3) Where is the xorg.conf file for prefixed build? Does the /root/modular/bin/startx uses /etc/X11/xorg.conf file, or I need to create a new file at /root/modular/etc/X11/xorg.conf to be used for /root/modular/bin/startx?

#4) What Makefile.am or configure.ac option to link any stand alone libraries to driver? For example, I have a library to do fixed point manipulation and wants to simply link the library instead of compiling into driver.

#5) Is it possible to load a shared library at runtime from the driver? If so, what is the default location? In Xorg 6.8.x and older the default location is /usr/X11R6/lib/modules. What is the equivalent location for Xorg 7.0.0? Any special handling to build the shared library other than gcc -shared option?

Sorry for too many issues in one email. But I thought single email somewhat shorten the traffic.

Any help is appreciated...

-Chand