detecting # of monitors on dualhead gfx card

Andy Ritger aritger at nvidia.com
Wed May 24 12:51:02 PDT 2006

Hi Jacob,

You are correct that NV-CONTROL could only be queried once X
is running.  However, with the latest NVIDIA drivers, you can use:

    nvidia-xconfig --query-gpu-info

to query basic information about the NVIDIA GPUs in your system;
this will talk to the NVIDIA kernel module to probe the needed
information.

I hope that helps,
- Andy Ritger