r3xx lockup & fglrx mmio activity

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at gmail.com
Mon May 22 10:03:15 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am looking at fglrx mmio activity on Xorg startup trying to find what
is the initialization we lack for r3xx. So far i didn't find, but as many
eyes are better on this kind of stuff i welcome any help on that :)

Thus i posted the dump here
http://people.freedesktop.org/~glisse/

The original dump is in dump.txt (almost 3Mo) then there are
rx_abcddump.txt where abcd are reg that i eliminated from the
main dump. There is also a little tools which read each header
and put register name at the end of the line (putname dump.txt).

One last things it seems that fglrx write over 0x4000 which i found
strange...

best,
Jerome Glisse