VIA CLE266 (via-driver) and Kernel 2.6.16.11

Roman Seidl jai at granul.at
Tue May 16 12:44:57 PDT 2006

Dear xorg people,

I am trying to set up xorg on debian on a via epia me6000. So
installed sarge and kernel 2.6.16.11 I installed the kernel with via
drm support (experimental I think but standard kernel source). Then I
installed xorg 6.9 with the www.backports.org packages.

Now when i switch to the via driver in xorg.conf I allways get a blank
screen but i canŽt find an error message in the log.

Here is what the log looks like:
http://granul.at/Xorg.0.log

When I use the vesa driver it works and under XFree the via drm worked -
but as there is no support for the mpeg2 acceleration under XFree so I
decided to switch to xorg...

cheers,
 roman seidl