2 dual-head PCIe NVIDIA cards to be one screen

David Sharp whereami at gmail.com
Wed May 3 03:33:13 PDT 2006

On 5/3/06, maartenlameris at zonnet.nl <maartenlameris at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> This works for me with 3 DVI flat pannels on 2 nvidia cards.

<snip>

I'm curious, could you also connect one card using TwinView, and the
other as a single head? The only thing I can see standing in the way
is if nVidia's Xinerama implementation will support it, or if it only
knows how to split the single TwinView screen into two Xinerama
screens.

also, Christian asked about GL apps over all 3 monitors: I don't think
that's possible (at least not with direct rendering), but with
TwinView, you can have a GL app cover 2 monitors.

d#