One regular account can't login via gdm

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Mon May 1 04:04:16 PDT 2006

Hi all.

Not sure if this is the right list, but I'll try.

My own account can login just fine, but my girlfriend's can't.
.xsession-errors states the following:

/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp
/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/sessreg -a -w
/var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/lib/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l
":0" "michelle"
/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
Xlib: No protocol specified

Couldn't connect to X server.
Xlib: No protocol specified

I notice, that her .Xauthority is empty. Might that be the cause, and
how do I generate a real one for her?

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard