Has somebody a Radeon X800 running in multhead under X 7.0.0

Mike Aerts mmgaerts at skynet.be
Thu Mar 30 11:22:38 PST 2006

Dear all,

I had Fedora Core 4 installed with the fglrx driver of ATI and all was running
well and I did not listen to the good advice of my father: don't fix what is
not broken.
The I installed Fedora Core 5 that comes with X 7.0.0.
The fglrx driver does not run under this version of X and had to switch to the
radeon driver. Now the problem is that my second screen remain black.

My question is has anybody this card working under X 7.0.0 and if so can you
send me your config file.

These are the details of my configuration:
X Window System Version 7.0.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.0
Build Operating System:Linux 2.6.9-22.18.bz155725.ELsmp i686Red Hat, Inc.
Current Operating System: Linux mrcamel.inftec.be 2.6.16 #3 SMP Fri Mar 24
22:00:07 CET 2006 i686

lspci
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc R430 [Radeon X800
(PCIE)]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc R430 [Radeon X800 (PCIE)
Secondary]

lspci -n
01:00.0 0300: 1002:554f
01:00.1 0380: 1002:556f