Searching for documentation

Thu Mar 16 18:49:12 PST 2006

If it's an external program and should not be somewhere within the X
source code then look at the man pages for

XWarpPointer (moves the pointer)
XSendEvent (to send a button event)

getting information about the windows via
XQueryTree (to get a window list)
XGetWindowAttributes (to get information about a window)
XSetInputFocus/XGetInputFocus (to set/get the focus)
XChangeWindowAttributes (to change the attributes of a window).

Cheers,
   Peter