radeon pci ids in driver/xserver...

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Sun Mar 12 13:42:41 PST 2006

 > Log message:
 > 2006-03-12  Benjamin Herrenschmidt  <benh at kernel.crashing.org>
 > Stop using xf86PciInfo.h, instead use a local copy of the PCI IDs
 > we need in atipciids.h so we can update the ATI driver independently
 > of the server when new chips are added.
So, does this mean the ids have to be added to both xf86PciInfo.h and
atipciids.h now? Please tell me this ain't true. I'm not exactly sure
though why the ids need to still be in xf86PciInfo.h too?
For the record, here's a list of what files need to be touched for
adding support for a single new radeon pci id (if the card is otherwise
more or less identical to an existing one, i.e. no code changes
required) for 2d and 3d driver (no guarantee for completeness, not
including things like generic kernel pci info lists):

dri/drm/shared-core/drm_pciids.txt
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/radeon/radeon_chipset.h
mesa/src/mesa/drivers/dri/radeon/radeon_screen.c
xorg/xserver/xorg/hw/xfree86/common/xf86PciInfo.h
xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/src/atichip.c
xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/src/atipciids.h
xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/src/radeon_chipset.h
xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/src/radeon_driver.c
xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/src/radeon_probe.c

That's a lot of files for just adding a single pci id without any code...

Roland