Xorg 6.9 and ACPID

Sergio Monteiro Basto sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org
Fri Mar 3 12:31:58 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 14:58 -0500, Matthew Cross wrote:
> driver is i915, which I think uses the i810 one.  I'm
> not disabling dri, because I use it.

was just to test it

> I built it from source, from the site,

you can try build has rpms like I has explain on
http://www.sergiomb.no-ip.org/xorg/

> I didn't use
> CVS.  The explanation I received on linuxquestions.org
> is:
> "if acpid is already running xorg opens acpid socket
> and all is happy

ACPID by default start on boot many time before Xorg
so
chkconfig --list acpid
should give :
acpid           0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off
else , you could enable it using
chkconfig acpid on
and check again with:
chkconfig --list acpid