Xorg 6.9 and ACPID

Matthew Cross kellinjar at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 3 11:58:37 PST 2006

driver is i915, which I think uses the i810 one.  I'm
not disabling dri, because I use it.
I built it from source, from the site, I didn't use
CVS.  The explanation I received on linuxquestions.org
is:
"if acpid is already running xorg opens acpid socket
and all is happy
if xorg starts first xorg takes /proc/acpi/event and
nobody else can read from it."
And this is pretty much what happens.  Once xorg is
started, I can open a terminal and start acpid usually
okay, but I can't get my battery monitor functioning.
The only way to have everything work is to let the
acpid start first in runlevel 3, then startx.

--- Sergio Monteiro Basto <sergio at sergiomb.no-ip.org>