rpath used in some libraries but not others

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues at gmx.de
Wed Mar 1 13:11:43 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed <reed <at> reedmedia.net> writes:
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>
> > >   RPATH       /usr/lib/gcc34:/usr/lib
> > >
> > > versus:
> > >
> > >   RPATH       /home/reed/xorg/lib:/usr/lib/gcc34:/usr/lib

> > Not that I know whether I could help you (I still know very little about
> > Xorg), but please specify the system this is on, the Libtool version
> > used, and how the build tree was configured (so I can reproduce this).

> This is on DragonFly (i386) 1.5.0-DEVELOPMENT.
>
> I am now testing with libtool 1.5.22 (from pkgsrc package
> libtool-base-1.5.22nb2).

There is a Libtool regression in 1.5.22 over 1.5.20 which is exposed on
OpenBSD, DragonFly, and possibly some other BSD versions.
I hope to get a fix in CVS soon.  AFAIK it should cause a hard failure at
build time, though.

> But now I see that rebuilding libXevie now that updated xorg CVS and
> updating my libtool, the RPATH is not set for libXevie.so.1 anymore. In
> fact, I don't have my Xorg lib directory in any of the now installed
> RPATH's...

Where can I find DragonFly patches against plain Libtool, if any?

Cheers,
Ralf