Transparent toplevel using XShape: What about events?

Shailaja Vats just.my.space at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 17:56:25 PDT 2006

Hi!
Thanks to this posting
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-October/010882.html
a while ago on the mailing lists, I was able to get bi-level transparency
working on my X11 system after many failed attempts, thanks!
My question now is is there anyway to not let the events pass through the
"holes" / "shaped part of the window".
Basically I would like a transparent background, but still want the all
input keyboard/mouse events to be passed to my toplevel window and not
what's underaneath, even if the mouse click for eg. is on a part of a window
that is transparent. (Right now only parts of thw window for which shape
pixel is 1 recognize input events)
My application is basically a interactive drawing window. I want the user to
able to draw on a transparent background using mouse clicks.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Shailaja