disabling key auto-repetition

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat Jun 3 13:34:05 PDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 01:28 +0200, Roland Plüss wrote:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
[..,]

> >  XkbSetDetectableAutoRepeat (display,
> >                              True,
> >                              &detectable_autorepeat_supported);
> >
> > Will change things so your application gets auto-repeat as
> >
> >  press/press/press/../release
> >
> > On displays that don't support this what GTK+ does is look ahead
> > in the event queue to see if there is a press with the same timestamp
> > as a release:
> >
> you said not all displays do support it. how can i check that the
> display does support the xbk thingy?

The third parameter to XkbSetDetectableAutoRepeat is an out parameter
that tells you that ... the location it points to will be set to false
if it is not supported.

(This is from memory and a quick glance at the GTK+ code ... see the
XKB docs for details. GTK+ actually checks for the presence of the
XKB extension first with XkbQueryExtension(), but I don't think that's
necessary if you just want to use this call. GTK+ is doing other stuff
as well.)

Regards,
						Owen