[ANNOUNCE] xorg-server 1.1.99.3 (now with correct changelog)

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sun Jul 30 03:25:42 PDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 12:56:42PM +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> xorg-server 1.1.99.3: 'if it distchecks, ship it'
>
> It's been almost two months, so, what the hell.  Nothing wildly
> exciting: input hotplug is languishing on a branch, so is the Intel
> output hotplug stuff (which is all in the driver anyway).  Mostly just
> internal cleanups, woo woo.  (shortlog follows.)
>
> git tag: xorg-server-1.1.99.3 (note dots, not underscores)
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/development/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.1.99.3.tar.bz2:
> MD5: 5adc8fe20ef6813d749371932d84f02c
> SHA1: cc9becda7375eae42bb4f29408755874ad45d16d
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/development/individual/xserver/xorg-server-1.1.99.3.tar.gz:
> MD5: 47f2ced35771e26b1fa94b729df8f231
> SHA1: ab15b4a0ae70e2e01449f712358abef68342fc2b

The shortlog that followed this was wrong: apparently
git log --since='xorg-server-1.1.99.2' doesn't do what you think it
does.  Correct shortlog attached (thanks Michel for the catch).

Cheers,
Daniel

Aaron Plattner:
      Fix the RandR failure path for rotated screens.

Adam Jackson:
      Remove a stray LBX reference.
      Ensure all *ModuleData symbols are marked _X_EXPORT. Start removing
      Delete a (now misleading) message from the crash handler.
      Add a token for EDID-supplied modes.
      Demolish now-unused loader functions.
      Bug #7121: fix clipboard handling in Xming (Colin Harrison)
      Bug #7120: Multimonitor (non-Xinerama) support for xwin servers.
      Xprint/ -> hw/xprint
      Don't bother building RAC as a module, that's just absurd.
      Another round of loader sense-beating.  Remove the (unused) server export
      Unbreak unbreaking the loader.  Re-add the symbol reference lists so that the
      Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver
      Drop libz from the server's link line, it was only needed for LBX.
      Add kdrive servers to .gitignore
      Remind dlloader that it needs to search the global scope as well as the
      Switch the default mouse device on Linux to /dev/input/mice.
      PPC64 build fix.
      Fix the Linux ACPI reopen code to use a repeating timer, rather than a
      Remove the DDXTIME conditional, for being unused.
      Remove RCS tags.  Fix Xprint makefile braindamage.
      Detach xf4bpp from cfb.
      Remove the loader's required and referenced symbol lists, dead code.
      Delete internal usage of the symbol ref/req lists.
      Delete some long-unused testing code.
      Remove a useless open() of the module we're about to load.
      Open-coded path checks make baby Jesus cry.
      static markup, more dead code.
      Yet more dead code.
      Remove another latent PowerMAX hunk.
      Remove getconfig horrorshow.  Replace with a static built-in rule list for now.
      Remove dead function prototypes.

Alan Coopersmith:
      Tell git to ignore emacs *~ droppings and git .msg files
      Delete code that's been inside #if 0 since X11R6.7.
      Don't add -ldl to XORG_LIBS if it's not needed for dlopen
      Move Xserver API for security extension to securitysrv.h
      Move Xserver API for security extension to securitysrv.h
      Move Xserver internal API for appgroup from Xagsrv.h to appgroup.h
      Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver

Daniel Stone:
      When we can, bound the maximum number of PCI devices to attempt to scan, by
      get rid of XFree86LOADER, XFree86Server, XFree86Module, and IN_MODULE
      fix XEvIE build without XKB
      fix minor typo
      fix KdXvCopyPackedData to actually work
      exa: only disable cw when COMPOSITE is built
      define DEBUG in DIX
      never define MEMBUG
      kdrive: allow debugging
      fix kbproto dependency
      loader: walk directory paths with readdir(), don't stat() everything
      remove README (which doesn't exist) from EXTRA_DIST
      bump to 1.1.99.3
      remove .cvsignores from EXTRA_DIST
      add securitysrv.h
      add sym.h to sources
      remove filename that's too long for tar

Dave Airlie:
      glx: fix typo from tag removal

Drew Parsons:
      Bug #7346: Disable Composite extension in Xprt

Ed Catmur:
      Generate xprint.pre from xprint.cpp.
      Remove hardcoded 'lib' in XPRINTDIR.

Eric Anholt:
      Bugzilla #5120, #7246: In CW's GC ops, validate the backing GC against the
      Add explicit dependencies (Xorg_DEPENDENCIES = ) on the internal libraries
      Add some missing .gitignore stuff for Mesa symlinks and other generated files.
      Add options to disable EXA acceleration for Composite/UTS/DFS, and always print
      Add a couple of (doxygen) comments I wrote while looking at modesetting.
      Convert PICT_* names from #defines to an enum to aid in debugging.
      Correct component ordering when fetching [ax]4b4g4r4 pixels.
      Don't forget to step the rows when verifying the equivalence of fb/sys areas.
      Clean up gcc warnings from picture format CARD32 -> enum change.
      Fix crash when using PICT_x4a4 by supplying an appropriate fbFetchPixel_x4a4.
      Add a manpage for EXA.
      Remove the default case from fbcompose.c switches which should cover all cases.
      Use correct OSNAME setting so we can find os-specific modules like libdrm.
      Move EXA_PM_IS_SOLID() to the public API, since drivers will want it frequently.
      Fix MMX Saturate implementation.
      Bump server release to 7.1.99.1.
      Bug #7366: Fix two crashes in operations on source pictures.
      Bug #7366: Fix crashes when setting filters on source pictures.
      Fix bugs in support for new repeatTypes in XAA and EXA.
      Fix source picture filter check for multiple screens.
      Bump server version to 7.1.99.2 for gradient and repeat fixes.
      Optimize out computing a gradient pixel if the mask value is 0.
      Correct AGP memory deallocation argument on *BSD.
      Revert "Optimize out computing a gradient pixel if the mask value is 0."

George Fufutos:
      Bug #6911: Check return value of exaGetPixelFromRGBA().

Greg Kroah-Hartman:
      Added first cut at a .gitignore file to make using git easier.
      Remove 3 compiler warnings in the Xext/xevie.c file
      Add PanoramiXExtensionDisabledHack to globals.h as it was missing.
      fix compiler warning about XKB_IN_SERVER redefinition
      add more files to .gitignore
      Merge ../xserver
      Fix compiler warnings about SetVendorRelease and SetVendorString
      updated the .gitignore file with more auto-generated files
      Fix compiler warning about undefined ReinitializeRootWindow function
      add bison generated files to .gitignore
      remove some unused local variables in Xprint/Oid.c
      remove a bunch of unused variables in Xprint/Init.c (fixing the compiler warnings)
      Remove unused variables from Xprint/attributes.c
      Fixed up most "warning: function declaration isn't a prototype" warnings from Xprint/
      remove unused variable warning in Xprint/ddxInit.c
      Properly #ifdef out ddxBeforeReset() to fix compiler warning
      fix incompatible pointer warning in Xprint/ddxInit.c
      add some missing function prototypes to Xprint/AttrValid.h to fix compiler warnings
      Properly define dispatchExceptionAtReset to fix compiler warnings
      fix noDamageExtension warning in Xprint/Init.c
      fix already-defined warning in Xprint/Init.c
      fix function pointer warning in Xprint/Init.c
      comment out QualifyName in Xprint/Init.c which is not used anymore
      fix up EnableDisableExtension() and EnableDisableExtensionError() prototypes
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsWindow.c
      remove some compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsText.c
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsPrint.c
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsPolygon.c
      fixed compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsPixmap.c
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsInit.c
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsFonts.c
      fix compiler warning in Xprint/ps/PsGC.c
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/PsArea.c
      add proper function prototypes for Xprint/ps/PsCache.c to Xprint/ps/Ps.h
      fix compiler warning in Xprint/ps/PsImageUtil.c
      fix compiler warnings in Xprint/ps/psout.c
      put function prototype for ShapeExtensionInit() in proper place
      removed unneeded extern in Xprint/ps/PsWindow.c
      remove unneeded "extern" in Xprint/ddxInit.c
      remove unneeded externs from Xprint/ps/psout.c
      fix compiler warnings in hw/xnest/Keyboard.c
      fix compiler warning in hw/xfree86/loader/loadmod.c
      fix compiler warning in hw/xfree86/loader/loaderProcs.h
      updated .gitignore with more pre-generated files
      more .gitignore updates
      fix compiler warnings in record/set.c
      fix compiler warnings in XTrap/xtrapdiswp.c
      fix compiler warnings in XTrap/xtrapdi.c
      fix compiler warnings in hw/xfree86/xf4bpp/ppcGC.c
      fix compiler warning in hw/vfb/InitOutput.c
      fix compiler warning in hw/xfree86/i2c/tda9850.c
      fix compiler warnings in hw/xfree86/i2c/fi1236.c
      update .gitignore to handle Xprint move
      fix compiler warning in dix/xpstubs.c when XPRINT is not defined
      add some function prototypes to hw/xprint/DiPrint.h as they are exported
      fix a number of compiler warnings in os/*
      fix wrong function pointer type in hw/dmx/dmxcmap.c
      fix some more compiler warnings due to defines being declared differently
      fix compiler warning about xnestRecolorCursor() not being defined
      fix compiler warning in hw/xfree86/common/xf86Config.c
      add another file to .gitignore

Gustavo Pichorim Boiko:
      Fix the configure check for the --{enable,disable}-dpms option

Ian Romanick:
      Add new Mesa files arrayobj.c and arrayobj.h.
      Add arrayobj.c to the Makefile as well.
      Refactor linuxGetIOSize and linuxGetSizes.  Eliminate the unnecessary
      Trivial refactor of libint10_la_SOURCES.
      Refactor identical xf86InitInt10 function from generic.c and linux.c
      Refactor common code from the generic.c and linux.c version of
      Rearrange code in xf86int10ParseBiosLocation to use strncasecmp.  This
      Add some const qualifiers to serveral function parameters.
      Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver
      Remove unused variable.
      Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver

James Steven Supancic III:
      Bug #7482: Fix Xdmx's Render code to match reality; fixes BadLength client

Jens Granseuer:
      Bug 7145: fix build with gcc 2.95 & other c89 compilers

Keith Packard:
      Update AC_DEFINE_DIR to version compatible with CVS autoconf which requires
      Remove ChangeLog file.
      Merge branch 'origin'
      GL proto version 1.4.7 needed for texture-from-pixmap defines.
      xorgcfg now needs libxkbui version 1.0.2 or better.

Kevin E Martin:
      Revert xkb changes that broke XkbGetKeyboard()

Kristan Høgsberg:
      Pull over convolution filter fixes from xgl-0-0-1 branch.

Kristian Høgsberg:
      Fix #2488 for fb too: sample pixel center when transforming.
      Add damage tracking to GLX_EXT_tfp implementation.
      Add marshalling for GLX 1.3 requests.
      Move createDrawable from __GLXcontext to __GLXscreen.
      Drop global GLX error integer variables and use __glXError() instead.
      Move __GLXdrawable lookup and creation into GetDrawableOrPixmap.
      Implement glXCreateWindow and glXDestroyWindow.
      Drop unused GL/include subtree.
      Add GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer marshalling support.
      Implement GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer.
      Un-glx-libcwrap DMX GLX proxy so it works without GL/include.
      Unlibc-wrap DMX glxscreens.c and fix tag-removal typo.

Luc Verhaegen:
      Bug #5386 (partial): Move CVT mode generator from cvt(1) to server core, and

Martin Bochnig:
      Updated Solaris aperture driver to build on sun4v & amd64 kernels

Matthew Allum:
      Add support to Xephyr for simulating 8bit grayscale.
      Merge branch 'master' of git+ssh://git.freedesktop.org/git/xorg/xserver
      Fix crash in Xephyr when running on host X with keymap width < 4 ( i.e xvnc )

Matthias Hopf:
      Bug 4320: Fastpath corner case improvement for Composite.

Matthieu Herrb:
      Check setuid() return value. Bugzilla #7116.
      Replace GNU make-ism.

Michel Dänzer:
      Fix byte swapping in some GLX requests.
      Bug #7213: Fix the XFree86-DRI extension for byte-swapped clients.
      Make sure <execinfo.h> is actually included when needed.
      Bug #6818: Avoid infinite loop in exaLog2() with negative arguments.

Paul Mackerras:
      Bug #7381: Coordinates get wrapped in accelerated line drawing on pixmap

Peter Breitenlohner:
      Free small, one-time memory leak in xdmcp -from handling

Rudo Thomas:
      Missing close parenthesis in one of the setuid() fixes.

Tilman Sauerbeck:
      Bug #7097: do case-insensitive comparison for some hotkeys.
      Bug #3042: Use autoconf to get the correct name of a struct member.