Update on RandR changes from DDC

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sat Jul 29 05:10:57 PDT 2006

I don't think so, quite.  That doesn't tell you effective != frame
buffer resolution, just that the size changed (which it hasn't).

One might still presume that a single pixel wide line would be a good
strategy, whereas what you want is enough information to know you should
thicken the line.  Since the effective resolution is less than the
resolution of the frame buffer, you don't get that information.
            - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child