Whence XKB stuff (or - where can I find EVERYTHING)

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:32:30 PDT 2006

Στις 19-07-2006, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 09:19 -0700, ο/η Kean Johnston
έγραψε:
> The release notes for 7.1 mention two data sets for XKB data files.
> The older "xkbdata" and the newer "xkbdesc" module. I just downloaded
> *.bz2 from the "everything" directory and I see no such modules.
> Since I am about to embark on porting 7.x, how do I really go about
> getting everything? It seems as if the "everything" directory isn't
> it. For my initial porting efforts I do *NOT* want to contend with
> the cvs/git issues. I'll do that when I've got the stock 7.1 working.
> Any pointers to where I can get a genuine "everything" set of modules
> would be greatly appreciated.

"xkbdesc" is also called "xkeyboard-config". Is there such a module?
"xkbdata" is unmaintained but it has not been kicked out yet in favour
of xkbdesc.

The homepage of xkeyboard-config is at
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fXKeyboardConfig

Simos