GL, x.org 6.9, and missing TrueColor visuals

timwoj at ieee.org timwoj at ieee.org
Mon Jul 17 15:09:29 PDT 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:53 -0500, timwoj at ieee.org wrote:
>>
>> I am running the Mesa CVS version now, but I haven't rebuilt x.org against
>> it.
>
> Not sure that would make a difference anyway.
>
>> I get some other errors from glxinfo, the largest of which is that it's
>> trying to use the dri module from my old X install.  I can't figure out
>> how to get it to use the new one.
>
> You can set the environment variable
>
> LIBGL_DRIVERS_PATH=/path/to/directory/of/new/one/
>

>> ERROR!  sizeof(I830DRIRec) does not match passed size from device driver
>> libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
>> libGL error: InitDriver failed
>
> Is this from trying to use the old driver later on?

It would appear so.  After setting that variable above, glxinfo no longer
throws those two errors.  glxinfo gives me the same set of visuals though,
including the ones that AIGLX thinks are invalid.  It looks like the ones
that it thinks are invalid are any of the visuals with double buffering
enabled.

At least glxgears doesn't crash the system anymore now that I have
Mesa-CVS built.

Tim