Wiki

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Jul 11 11:01:24 PDT 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 21:07:26 +1000, Russell Shaw wrote:
> I made an account on http://wiki.x.org/wiki/UserPreferences.
> Next time i tried to log in (a few hours later), it wouldn't
> work, so i got it to send me the password. The password i got
> was 30 characters of garbage. I pasted it in the password box
> and now it says "This user name already belongs to somebody else".

The wiki login form is notoriously confusing.

It uses the same form for both account creation and for performing a
login operation, and the distinction is made by whether you put in the
password twice or just once.

The symptom above may have been from inputting the password twice
instead of once.

Perhaps that will help,

-Carl
cworth at redhat.com