EXA performance ( XCOMPOSITE and XRENDER ) performance regression from xorg 7.0 to 7.1 ( r200 )

Mike Russo miker at readq.com
Tue Jul 4 19:32:37 PDT 2006

If you don't get any window decorations in compiz, and the window
decorator is running, make sure you don't have XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS
set.  If it is set, 'unset XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS' first (it's not
enough to set it to null) before running the window decorator and
compiz.  You'll probably need to set it again if you want to run firefox
however.