xshape+xcomposite

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Tue Jan 24 09:47:54 PST 2006

chinlu chinawa wrote On 01/23/06 16:08,:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the replies.
>
> Been looking at what you said Deron, but it looks like
> l3gd source code is not available?, or I just didn't
> look properly.

Sorry, I should have been more specific.
The code Amir wrote for dealing with shaped windows in LG is Java code
in the lg3d-core CVS. To access this, go to lg3d-core.dev.java.net,
register as an Observer, and follow the instructions in the Developer
Guide for checking out the CVS. I believe the code is in:

src/classes/org/jdesktop/lg3d/displayserver/nativewindow/ShapeRegion.java
and WindowShape.java.

Basically, this code uses the SHAPE extension to retrieve the mask
representation of the outline of the window and then converts it into a
planar polytope with the same outline.