xhost or where problem?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 16:45:52 PST 2006

Greetings;

I suddenly lost X contact for the ssh -X machine-name functions here.
The target machine is behind my firewall along with controlling
machine, and the $DISPLAY env var on the target machine is
localhost:10.0 which has worked for weeks.

I've done an xhost + on both ends of the circuit.  I've even rebooted
the target box from here & started x after fixing a typo in the target
boxes /etc/hosts file.

But when I login using the ssh -X option and then try to run something
from the ssh shell, this comes back:
gene at shop:~/emc2$ sudo scripts/emc
X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server
shutdown).

Whats the next thing to check, the above error output is a bit obtuse to
me, as in wrong auth is plain enough, but which machine issued the
error?  And what do I check for correctness?

FWIW, xorg.6.80-901 here, XFRee86-4.3 on that debian based target box.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: