xshape/xcomposite development question

chinlu chinawa chinluchinawa at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 18:14:12 PST 2006

Hi,

Thanks to Sergio, I've got a xorg server working.

The reason I got to here is cose I thought I could get
rid of this pixelated-look within an app that maps a
xshaped window togheter with a background pixmap (the
tooltip one):

http://www.geocities.com/ucho_trabajo/xml/imlib_shot.png

After someone from the imlib-devel mailing list
pointed me to the fact that that look hasn't got
anything to do with imlib itself, I started looking
for info, found xcomposite extension, and tried to
migrate from xfree towards to xorg.

As far as I understood, (apart from setting up the
server properly) I would only need to put xcompmgr to
run, and then magically, my window's borders would
look like keith's screenshots located in here:

http://freedesktop.org/~keithp/screenshots/sharp_shadow.png

Now I start thinking on whether I really needed to
migrate, I mean, maybe this is done through Xrender?,
can anyone point me on right direction?

Kind Regards,