[Q] Multi-seat with screens instead of displays

dave madden dhm at mersenne.com
Wed Jan 11 21:54:39 PST 2006

Is it possible to run a multi-seat system on an X server with two
screens connected to a single adapter?  I have an ATI Radeon 9250 with
two monitors, and I can get it to run in clone, multi-screen, and
Xinerama modes, but what I want is a separate keyboard/mouse on each
screen, so I can run independent sessions.  I can live with either not
restarting the server when one session logs out, or restarting both
sessions occasionally.

Any suggestions for how to get a kbd/ptr per screen rather than per
server?

Thanks,
dhm.