Radeon mem map fix (#2): Need regression tests please

Roland Scheidegger rscheidegger_lists at hispeed.ch
Sat Jan 7 12:23:25 PST 2006

Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 17:07 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
>> I think I've get something in shape for getting the radeon memory map
>> finally sane, removing all sort of hacks, and possibly fixing all sort
>> of weird bugs. It works best with the very latest radeon DRM fixes to
>> the same area but might well improve things all by itself
>
>   .../...
>
> And here's a new rev. of the patch that fixes a couple more things.
I'm a bit late but I think this is still the latest patch for that?
Anyway, results on my radeon 7200sdr (which works fine without the
patch) showed some severe problems. Tested with radeon drm 1.17 (kernel
2.6.14) and 1.19 (from 2.6.15), with a plain old text console. First,
switching between the "new" and "old" radeon_drv.so (both directions)
without a reset always hard-locks the box - I guess though that's kinda
expected.
As others already reported, I too lost the mouse cursor (i.e. it's
invisible). Also, some icons on the kde background simply aren't drawn,
and 3d apps cause permanent damage to the background image. The
"classic" xawtv overlay also doesn't work at all (black window).
I can send you the xorg log files (with and without the patch) if you
want, I think they are a bit too big to append here - maybe you should
open a bug about it?

Roland