cvt modeline generator

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sat Jan 7 09:51:32 PST 2006

Le samedi 07 janvier 2006 à 18:36 +0100, Luc Verhaegen. a écrit :
> On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 04:02:55PM +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >
> > OK, since it can't be generated, how is one supposed to select it ?
> > Has it got a pre-defined alias in xorg ?

> Some drivers have their tv-encoder code attach their own modes though.
> My tv-encoders currently refuse all but those that they attached
> themselves, and config provided modelines are scrapped when the
> tv-encoder is in use.

I use an hardware encoder (pvr 150). But the result is piped to the
projector using standard DVI (radeon). I need to get the DVI mode as
close as possible to the encode one or the one the projector expects

Stability problems are magnified using a projector - PAL is crap enough
without adding problems at the dvi stage.

--
Nicolas Mailhot