Alt Ctl Fn not working wirh x.org 6.9 ?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Jan 3 14:28:16 PST 2006

Carl Worth wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 18:39:38 +0100, Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
>
>> Rod Butcher [2006-01-03 21:51]:
>>> I've upgraded from 6.8.2 to 6.9 (Linux kernel 2.6.13) by compiling the source,
>>> and now I can't switch between ttys under X by using Alt Ctl Fn.
>
> I've got the same problem on my laptop here.
>
>> Missing KBD data files can cause this. Check the log file for KBD
>> errors/warnings.
>
> I don't see any errors/warnings in my log file.

xkb data files were rewritten between 6.8 and 6.9/7.0. The syntax you
use in your xorg.conf to load your map probably does not mean the same
thing it used to, and as a result some parts are not loaded anymore (I
had the same problem recently, updating xorg.cong to the new world order
xkb rules dixed this)

Another side-effect is gnome is very cross with xorg xkb now.

--
Nicolas Mailhot